Location — Remote; home office within the United States
Job code: AMA-vpm
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a global provider of niche software and services to federal, state and local governments. Headquartered in Barcelona, Spain they are looking for someone to improve brand positioning and increase awareness of the company in North America, establishing it as the thought leader and “go to” company in its market space.
- The Vice President of Marketing, North America will lead all marketing efforts across the North American market; own all areas of marketing, and will be required to interact a range of teams across the business.
- Drive successful strategies to support demand generation that demonstrate a clear ROI.
- Generate thought leading content, develop and execute a clear marketing plan across PR, communications, demand generation, events, digital presence, brand evolution. Evangelize our solutions to the target audience and influencers.
- Grow and lead small marketing staff; responsible for management, hiring, firing
- Develop North America marketing strategy with yearly/quarterly marketing plans including specific objectives and targets and yearly budget management
- Define demand generation strategies activities that generate a clear ROI
- Drive strategy and tactics: PR, communications (external, internal and customer) , events, social media, web presence
- Responsible for crisis preparedness and management
- Serve as spokesperson for the company and key contact for the press
- Demonstrated experience in building a strong brand presence in North America at a rapidly scaling tech start-up.
- Strong experience managing PR in an extremely high visibility industry that requires crisis management and strong communication and response skills.
- 12+ years of experience marketing technology solutions
- Proven experience establishing a leading brand and generating demand in a new category
- Strong government marketing skills or marketing in complex environments
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; can simplify complex ideas and concepts and create great content
- Accomplished public speaker who can engage and lead a complex audience
- Experience as spokesperson in a high-visibility industry
- Must be a strongly metrics oriented marketer.
- 20-30% travel is required.
BS/BA; MBA preferred.
Email resume to email@example.com — please cite job code: AMA-vpm