Ref Code: RF-vppm
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a successful provider of enterprise software and services to sales and marketing professionals.
Reporting to the SVP of Marketing, the Vice President, Product Marketing to develop and deliver compelling product line go-to-market strategies, establishing differentiated market positions, compelling positioning and messaging, and build demand and market awareness of the company’s market-leading solutions. VP Product Marketing will define the markets for products and solutions and execute the go-to-market strategy and deliver results aimed at achievement of customer adoption, client satisfaction and revenue growth objectives, per product line. The VP Product Marketing has a wide range of intra- and inter-departmental, company and industry responsibilities including market analysis, strategy, solution definition, positioning, competitive analysis, communication, pricing, packaging and promotion of key products and solutions being undertaken by the business.
The ideal candidate will bring both strategic vision and solid execution skills, willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to create product line revenue growth and lasting value. As a member of the Operating Committee, this individual will have a highly visible leadership role and drive joint initiatives across teams such as product management, sales, channels, client services, operations and other functions within marketing.
- Create content for collateral, sales tools, sales training and other outbound deliverables and educate internal and external communities.
- Drive product marketing integration with data, channel and product partners.
- Lead product marketing initiatives relative to industry analysts, thought leaders and influencers.
- Generate global demand for the entire suite of applications across the marketplace including clients, prospects and partners.
- Develop and implement end-to-end product marketing programs that support business priorities and goals.
- Cultivate and manage product line customer references for sales, marketing and client services.
- 10+ years of relevant product marketing experience with increasing responsibility. A significant amount of this experience should include work in both early-stage private company environments as well as in a publicly traded company, with a successful track record of building strong product franchises and creating product marketing strategies to maintain sustained competitive advantage.
- Fluent in dealing with complexity at a global level, across multiple channels, across multiple product lines, with regard to multiple competitors and partners, and broadly with the market as a whole.
- Deep experience with and knowledge of email-related marketing solutions, marketing analytics and campaign performance applications.
- Has served as a product or solutions marketing executive (VP level preferred) in a multi-product, B2B SaaS-based company growing revenues to greater than $100 million.
- Demonstrated ability to create world-class sales tools and educate a global sales force.
- Strong creative and content creation talents, capable of shaping product marketing strategy and leading a product-driven culture then delivering compelling content products.
- Demonstrated ability to manage both local and remote product marketing staff, and build strong camaraderie throughout the marketing organization, emphasizing collaboration.
- A combination of visionary, strategic and pragmatic skills, encompassing both strong strategic product marketing abilities and hands-on tactical involvement.
- Experience crafting product marketing solutions to vertical markets such as Retail, E-commerce, Travel/Hospitality, Financial, Social Media, etc.
- Track record of working with analysts, partners, and other influencer communities.
- Skilled at researching, evaluating and presenting market requirements and overall MRD process.
- Skilled at researching, evaluating, developing and presenting product marketing selling content including positioning, messaging and solution selling concepts.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
BA/BS degree required. MBA preferred.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — please cite job code: RF-vppm.