Location: Pleasanton, CA
Job code: PL-jlpr
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a rapidly growing provider of information technology and services.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Sr. PR and Social Media Manager is responsible for managing all external communication, including all social media, globally. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker; a totally hands-on consummate professional and the ultimate team player that can contribute to the success of the marketing team. The Sr. PR and Social Media Manager will be able to drive results within a fluid and fast paced environment while working collaboratively with a high-energy group of individuals.
- Plan, develop and execute public relations campaigns
- Monitor, assemble and create content for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other social media channels.
- Build and maintain relationships with extensive network of journalists and influencers contacts
- Manage launches, news events and media briefings
- Research, write and edit press materials including talking points, news releases, blogs, pitches, presentations, awards submissions and speaking abstracts
- Deliver concise, timely and informative reporting on press activities, coverage, opportunities, successes and press feedback to internal constituents. Provide post-mortem analysis and competitive analysis
- Work cross-functionally with product management, product marketing and marketing teams worldwide to ensure a consistent flow of information and ideas
- Serve as a company spokesperson as needed
- 4-8+ years experience in public relations and social media
- Recent demonstrated success in securing positive editorial in a variety of media
- Keen business acumen; ability to translate business goals to communication campaigns
- Customer marketing experience desired.
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple tasks and manage projects with multiple stakeholders
- Strong desire to contribute and think innovatively
- Excellent written and verbal communications with rigorous attention to detail and focus on quality of deliverables
- A combination of agency and corporate experience a plus
Email resume to email@example.com — please cite job code: PL-jlpr