Location: San Francisco, CA
Sr. Partner Marketing Manager at Bolt
Our client company: Bolt — www.bolt.com
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. To do this, we’ve redesigned payments from the ground up. Bolt’s mission is to make online commerce instant, consistent and trusted across the internet. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it.
Payment infrastructure on the internet is fragmented and broken. Bolt is building a future where sending payments is as easy as sending messages. We’ve redesigned payments from the ground up to make online commerce easy, secure, ethical, and efficient for all parties. To solve such a large problem, we’ve put together an incredible team and are selectively adding to it. We’re hiring our first Director of Marketing, who will define and execute our marketing strategy to support Bolt’s growth. You will build and guide our marketing team to share Bolt’s mission and value with prospective customers, recruits, investors, and with our broader community. You should have prior experience building successful marketing teams from scratch.
- Develop joint marketing plans with partners to acquire merchants, and implement and track ROI
- Work with various departments within a partner account: corporate marketing, sales and field marketing leadership, and other departments to develop high-impact partner marketing campaigns for Bolt
- Develop and manage a regular and transactional communication strategy of relevant information and programs to partners
- Work closely with Account Executives, Business Development Executives, and Partner Account managers to coordinate the planning and execution of campaigns and events
- Build and maintain a solid marketing plan and associated program calendar
- Develop and deliver regular reporting and insight on partner campaign and opportunity performance
- Support the recruitment, onboarding and development of key partners
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business and/or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years experience in Channel/Partner marketing, enablement, recruitment required
- Experience in the technology sector required (software industry experience preferred)
- Must have a solid understanding of marketing programs, events, and promotions
- Experience in developing lead generation campaigns (e.g., telemarketing, email, seminars, advertising)
- Must possess excellent project management skills and communication skills
- Must be able to easily manage cross functional teams
- Have a good understanding of customer marketing/retention and an advocate of partner relationships
- Experience with marketing automation and CRM platforms (Salesloft, MailChimp and Salesforce, preferred)
- Experience working within Online Commerce, Payments or a Fintech ecosystem a nice to have
Be 20% Wrong. As a startup, speed is extremely important. The quicker we move, the more mistakes we make. If we are making no mistakes, it means, quite simply, that we’re not moving fast enough. Therefore, a 20% error rate is, not only permissible, but expected. If you’re not wrong 20% of the time, you’re not moving fast or ambitious enough.
Be Fearless. Fear is the primary motivator of human action. It drives people to cherish safety and complacency, coupled with an aversion to risk and change. However, it’s risk and change that advances the human race. Extreme risk and change is required to disrupt the digital commerce space as we know it. The outside world can’t possibly have the same knowledge that we have within our company walls. While we’re being called crazy, we must be fearless and driven by our internal conviction.
Chase 10X, Not 10%
The only way a startup with 10s of people can outcompete corporations with 1000s is by leveraging its force multipliers of nimbleness, talent, and creativity. Large corporations focus on 10% optimizations to generate millions in revenue. They cannot evoke major changes without years of preparation. As a startup, we don’t have that luxury… it also does not make economic sense to optimize something that’s very small. There are always more incremental features to build. There are always more incremental people to hire. But, from product to people, we must consistently chase 10X opportunities and force multipliers.
All or Nothing. All or Nothing is the guiding philosophy for our decisions. Starting with why we work at Bolt, it is, quite simply, because we’re obsessed. We’re not here to advance our professional careers or for a financial outcome. We’re here because we’re obsessed with changing the world and becoming the best versions of ourselves. And we trust that, to the degree to which we do what we are obsessed with, everything else in life will fall into place. Similarly, we make only “All or Nothing” decisions about others we bring onto the team and product features we build.
Keep It Simple. Complexity worship has drowned the modern world. Simple solutions are harder to come to, and, rather than be dismissed as “too simplistic”, should be hailed as a result of clear thinking. Simplicity enables speed, reduces cost, and allows for faster learning.
Win As A Team
At Bolt, we want everyone to be as successful in their pursuits as possible. We know that our peers’ successes are tied to ours. And their triumphs, whether personal, professional, or otherwise, will benefit the company and us as individuals in the long-term.
- Work with a world-class team
- Significant equity at a fast-growing company
- Ownership and autonomy over substantial projects
- Health benefits for you and your family
- Daily breakfast, lunch, dinner, and SNACKS
- Relocation support
- An office filled with energy and optimism
contact Dan Green: firstname.lastname@example.org