Location: San Francisco, CA
Sr. Director of Field Marketing & Events
Our client company: Mesosphere — www.mesosphere.com
Mesosphere is the premier platform for building, operating, and scaling data-rich, containerized applications on any infrastructure. Article: Mesosphere Raises $125 Million Series D
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency and automation with Apache Mesos. Mesosphere’s product, the datacenter operating system (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, T. Rowe Price and Koch Disruptive Technologies, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.
Mesosphere is seeking an exceptional Senior Director of Field Marketing and Events to join our marketing team and own our field marketing and events strategy for the global business. This is an incredibly opportunity for someone who is analytical, creative, wants to run account-based programs, and is ready to scale. The right candidate is an excellent strategist who also enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get stuff done. This is an incredible opportunity to build and scale a world-class field marketing and events program from the ground up at a rocket ship company.
- Develop and implement a targeted marketing strategy that supports our global sales stakeholders and includes field events and account-based marketing programs to drive pipeline and revenue
- Develop and implement our corporate events strategy across trade shows, internal events, and user conferences
- Manage a team of field and event marketers, and own the end-to-end execution of our event program including logistics, venue selection, budgeting, etc
- Collaborate and partner directly with the sales team to understand and help develop a roadmap for regional needs around lead generation/acceleration, renewals, and upsell
- Collaborate and partner with the demand generation, content, brand, and social teams around event promotion and follow-up
- Measure and analyze all event and account-based programs to demonstrate impact on revenue and pipeline
- 7+ years of demonstrated event and marketing experience–ideally focused around field marketing
- 5+ years of experience working in an enterprise B2B technology company
- Experience developing account-based marketing programs a plus
- Experience using Marketo and Salesforce a plus
- Proven experience working with a sales team and developing alignment
- Highly detailed oriented with experience in project management
- Creative with a passion for customer and prospect experience
- Analytical with a strong understanding of data and trends
- Passion for driving results in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel as needed to global regions
BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
In addition to an atmosphere which allows you to be creative, collaborate, and do your best work, Mesosphere also provides:
- Relaxed and open office space.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options for Mesosphere, Inc.
- Pick your equipment (most of us work on MacBook Pros with Thunderbolt Displays).
- Company 401K plan.
- Unlimited vacation.
- Life, health & dental insurance.
- Experience the Silicon Valley spirit and be amongst the brightest in the field.
- Regular team events and offsites.
- Gym/Wellness stipend.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks & drinks (beer, cold brew, and otherwise).
- Paid parental leave.
contact Dan Green: firstname.lastname@example.org