Location: Mountain View, CA
Job code: DK-soc
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company, a late stage start-up, is a leading provider of (SaaS) software solutions.
The Social Media Marketing Associate will lead the content development and implementation of social media marketing programs and communications copy — be the brand voice as expressed through all channels of interactive marketing and social media. Programs and content will build awareness, build traffic and engagement, market our products and acquire new customers.
- Monitor assemble & create content for Twitter, Facebook, Wikipedia, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media channels.
- Serve as an editor-in-chief for all social media channels and communications content.
- Develop and edit content for articles and other public relations and marketing communications materials
- Coordinate with company and marketing executives to direct social media conversations and need for response
- Drive social media landscape research to develop a competitive advantage within social media.
- Develop comprehensive editorial calendar. Drive content through an editorial calendar of brand activities and online events in order to maintain relevant, engaging content through all social media channels.
- Manage editorial calendar consisting of content provided by other departments and strategic partners. Edit content to meet brand standards and guidelines.
- Establish consistency of message across multiple networks and work to ensure proper messaging is being published online.
- Implement programs for engaging, nurturing, and growing the company’s social sphere of users.
- Capture and report relevant performance metrics for the channels and promotions employed within those channels.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to incorporate social media into marketing campaigns, events, lead generation, and PR programs and launches.
- Work with in-house staff and outside PR agency to continually evolve and upgrade social media presence to be at the forefront of web technology.
- Conceptualize, design, create and manage content and social media campaigns and generate buzz through viral marketing initiatives.
- Creating ongoing conversations with key influencers within our market.
- Collaborate strategically with PR to leverage brand initiatives, combining traditional and new media consumer outreach.
- Drive employee participation with Social Media channels.
- Contribute to the development of social media strategy.
- Identify existing and emerging tools needed to execute.
- 2+ years of social media and BtoB marketing/agency experience
- Experience and passion for social media and social networking
- Strong business and promotional writer
- Understanding of or experience with the following areas: PR, promotions, intermediate web knowledge
- Strong project management and web skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written, and interpersonal)
- Independent self-starter; ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be strategic thinking and have a result-oriented mind
- Relationship oriented. Able to build and maintain ongoing relationships with internal and external influencers.
- Internet and technology advocate who understands key technologies currently used for social media. Knows how they integrate and how to customize them for our use.
- Ability to stay on top of new media trends and technology
- Self-driven to achieve goals; high energy level is essential; strong, dedicated work ethic a must.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment, managing many projects simultaneously. Must be hands-on as well as strategic.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — please cite job code: DK-soc