Location: San Francisco, CA
Job code: STR-dmm
about the client
SaaStr is the largest web community for SaaS and B2B founders, execs, and founders-to-be. Our website, Quora posts, YouTube videos, and more reach over 3,000,000 views a month, and the annual conference in ‘16 attracted ~5,000 founders, VCs, execs and was the largest non-vendor event in the industry.
We are looking for a bright, driven individual who has as extreme attention to detail and holds themselves and others to a very high standard.
On the marketing side, we’re looking for someone who can own a number. Someone who can own both the ad budget and the revenue targets for ticket sales to our event. That means meticulous tracking and continuously optimizing spend based on real data – and the reaction to the reporting is “Oh goodie, data! Lemme at it” rather than a deep sigh before completing the “chore”.
On the project management side, we need someone who loves the minutiae and a series of big green checkboxes as a project comes to fruition. A person who is hyper-organized and enjoy cajoling and cheerleading (or flogging, as needed) a team to the finish line.
If you’re looking to get a lot of experience in a wide variety of functions, this is an incredible opportunity.
About the job
This is an intense, fast-paced environment, so being highly motivated and flexible are table stakes. We’re rapidly building out an in-house team to join our large team of extremely talented, but geographically distributed, contractors. Managing projects of this scale with a distributed team requires a tremendous amount of diligence and extreme attention to detail. You’ll need keep the team motivated, identify gaps and roadblocks to delivering on time and on budget, and ensure communication is flowing in all directions. We’re pretty flexible on experience level, but we’re likley looking at 3-5+ years.
Some things you’ll do
- Implement and execute an event campaign calendar to promote and drive ticket sales to SaaStr Annual
- Track conversions and continuously optimize ad spend
Continuously monitor and adjust ad campaigns, reporting weekly and monthly on results
- Manage content distribution across multiple channels and mediums. Create and execute strategies for optimization and continued growth
- Communicate timelines, budgets and expectations clearly, regularly and efficiently to all parties
- Drive campaigns managing both internal resources and geographically distributed marketing and design contractors- on time and on budget
- Create a processes that can be handed off as the team grows
- Identify areas for improvement and optimization
Skills you have
- Proven experience with paid social campaigns and retargeting
- Extreme attention to detail
- Superior writing and editing skills
- Resourceful self-starter ready to take ownership
- Ideally, a background in SaaS or knowledge of the SaaStr community
- Beyond the basic tool kit, knowledge (and love) of Basecamp and Sketch a plus
- Previous use of Salesforce or another CRM solution is a plus
- Ability to work out of our San Francisco office
Email resume to Dan Green <firstname.lastname@example.org> — please cite job code: STR-dmm