Location: San Francisco, CA (or remote; hybrid)
Our client company: SaaStr— www.saastr.com
Director of Events
SaaStr is the world’s largest community for SaaS executives, entrepreneurs, and founders. Through events (in-person and digital), podcasts, blogs, social media and more, the top leaders in Cloud share best practices at SaaStr on how to grow their businesses faster, with less stress and more success. Our flagship SaaStr Annual event (7th year) attracts 10,000+ in person and 50,000+ digitally, and our 6x a year digital events attract 200,000+ online.
SaaStr is looking for an experienced events professional to help drive production of our events, especially our flagship real-world event SaaStrAnnual.com. This is a dream job for any events guru that wants to plan the largest non-vendor event in SaaS, attracting over 10,000+ attendees and over 100 sponsors. This is the role that can make your events career. The right person has the ideal mix of creativity and logistics, is obsessed with spreadsheets, incredibly organized, and knows the ins-and-outs of managing a budget. We have a small but mighty team that does innovative things in events at scale that few others do!
- Collaborate on and lead the development, logistics, and strategy for SaaStr Annual–our 10,000+ attendee event in San Francisco, and potentially some or all of our digital events as well
- Collaborate on and lead the development, logistics, and strategy for SaaStr’s other global events–like SaaStr Europa in Paris, etc.
- Develop, manage, and obsesses over a detailed and dynamic budget for each event
- Develop and own our master project plan
- Act as the liaison between clients and vendors (hotel, DMC, production, catering) through contract negotiation, food and beverage selection, audiovisual, production, function space allocation, entertainment, security, event load in and load out, and signage
- Effortlessly manage all onsite execution across staffing, registration, attendee experience, sponsor experience, speaker and session scheduling, and more
- Optional: experience leading digital events at scale as well (we do 6x larger digital events a year now, too)
- Obsessive project manager who is highly detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent communication skills–both written and verbal
- No-holds-barred negotiator when it comes to contracts and vendors
- Ability to create, maintain, and foster relationships with members of our community, sponsors, and vendors
- Passion for attendee experience
- Advanced understanding of budgets, numbers, and P&Ls
- Calm-under-pressure during times of stress and the ability to think of solutions on the spot
- Desire to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- 3+ years experience as the primary owner of a large-scale trade show or event. At least some experience owning a 3k-5k event or a significant piece of it, or at least experience close to it.
- Some experience with SaaS and B2B software companies (to understand our community)
- Experience working with event management agencies and other vendors
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Google Sheets
- Experience working with a project management tool like Wrike, Asana, or Smartsheet
- Salesforce and Marketo experience a plus
Contact: Dan Green <firstname.lastname@example.org>