Location: HQ is in Newport Beach, CA but this person will likely work fully remote
Our client company: Obsidian Security — www.obsidiansecurity.com
Title: Director of Demand Generation
Overview and Opportunity: Launched in 2017, Obsidian makes SaaS security simple with an innovative approach to security called cloud detection and response. The company was founded by veterans in endpoint security and is backed by Greylock, Wing, and GV. The leadership team includes innovators from AWS, Carbon Black, Cylance, CrowdStrike, Dome9, the NSA, and NYU where they have delivered enterprise-grade products to thousands of customers.
The rapid adoption of SaaS is driving agility and allowing businesses to focus on their core mission better than ever before. Security teams need to figure out how to protect users and assets in the cloud without slowing down the business. We believe that companies need a new kind of cloud-native security solution that delivers frictionless security. Our goal is to give security teams the consolidated visibility and monitoring they need to defend their SaaS apps from threats, breaches, and data exposure.
Obsidian is hiring a results-driven director of demand generation to drive rapid growth of our business. This leader will be responsible for scaling our demand generation engine by creating and executing marketing programs that grow the pipeline for our sales team. The ideal candidate will be highly data-driven and have experience with digital and email marketing, integrated campaigns, account-based marketing, and conversion optimization. They will work closely with peers in product marketing, sales, and channel. This individual will manage a team with responsibility that covers all aspects of demand generation, but will be ready to roll up their sleeves and be a player-coach.
- Develop the overall campaign / demand generation strategy for the company, blending traditional and modern digital / social methods and approaches
- Set marketing budget and prioritize the spend to create the most pipeline
- Create marketing programs to generate the pipeline needed to achieve the company’s annual revenue target
- Collaborate with sales, product marketing, and channel teams to plan and execute campaigns
- Own annual pipeline planning process, create and maintain funnel model, and produce performance reports against targets
- Continuously seek to maximize marketing investment that fosters testing and experimentation
- Oversee marketing automation and website operations
- Manage multiple 3rd party agencies – contact list providers, digital marketing agencies, web design firms, online media sites, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years demand generation experience in a fast-paced, SaaS environment
- 3+ years experience managing and building out successful teams
- Prior experience in the security software industry preferred though not required
- Proven track record of prioritizing and delivering results within an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
- Creativity to build innovative programs that optimize investment
- Ability to measure and track success of programs
- Experience with all aspects of the marketing mix, including campaign planning, online marketing, PPC, SEO, website, events & tradeshows, and target account penetration
- Outstanding attention to detail with superior time and project management skills
- Experience hiring and developing high-performance teams
- Ability to lead and communicate effectiveness of marketing investments to senior executives and provide recommendations for revenue growth
Contact: Dan Green <email@example.com>