Location: Boulder, CO
Job code: DM-hgm
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is an exciting, fast-growing SaaS startup in the e-learning and HR tech space.
Who We Are:
Do you want to help teams all around the world open to their greatest potential and drive meaningful impact? If so, we want to talk with you. Our products and services support people, teams, and organizations in aligning what they do with their highest ambitions for who they are.
We help organizations create meaningful, people-centered change using a proprietary method that includes storytelling, microlearning, and cutting-edge technology. Our unique formula supports people in shifting their behaviors and mindsets to drive better lives, better teams, and better performance.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re hiring a Head of Growth to own our positioning in the market, messaging and communication to customers, lead generation, partnerships, and media. We’re looking for an experienced leader who is excited about the prospect of building a communication ecosystem that can drive more, better, and bigger deals by converting leads into sales faster. We seek a highly motivated individual who can create a quantitative impact in our lead generation pipeline and design a world-class referral program.
This self-starting leader must be a results-oriented strategic thinker with an exceptional blend of multi-audience communication skills (you’ll be talking to roles across VP and C-level Executive teams), a deep and passionate knowledge of microlearning and large-scale behavior change, and the ability to plan, manage, and execute strategic initiatives. We are looking for someone who genuinely cares about people and is motivated by the opportunity to be a part of a social enterprise that positively impacts tens of thousands of people’s lives every day.
Product Marketing and Positioning
- Develop positioning, messaging, segmentation and marketing campaigns for target segments using customer data and analysis (via customer interviews, A/B testing, metrics, etc.).
- Ownership of our social media presence via Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant outlets as needed (eg: YouTube, Quora)
- Be a strategic partner on the executive team; share learning and marketing best practices, continually improve processes and content, and provide clear and consistent reporting to broader stakeholders
- Develop strategies and tactics to increase customer acquisition, activation, and retention.
Monitoring & Client-facing Communications
- Develop effective communications including online outreach, events, webinars, and other activities as seen fit for our target and future customer base
- Drive creation of new sales, customer and partner facing messaging and communications
- Define product positioning and key messages to develop product data sheets, sales aids/enablement materials, and key messages to external stakeholders (media, customers, prospects & partners)
Product Marketing Tactics & Materials
- Develop tactical marketing plans delivering the proper product positioning via specific activities and programs (social media, webinars, events, videos, etc.)
- Formulate forecasts and create the marketing plan including methods for market penetration, customer acquisition, as well as customer retention and expansion
- Work cross-functionally to create marketing materials and partner toolkits (data sheets, partner briefs, presentations, online assets, etc.)
- Drive and own agency and freelance relationships as needed.
- Initiate, develop and deliver thought-leading content via blogs, webinars, videos, eBooks, podcasts, events, etc. in partnership with our CEO
- Act as a company evangelist for our product and services in webinars, videos, podcasts and speaking events as needed both internally and externally to analysts, media, customers, prospects and partners
- Create sales enablement materials such as standard presentations, demo scripts, data sheets, solution briefs, videos, messaging guides, white papers, etc.
- Design, test, and implement a revenue-driving referral program
- Develop additional sales tools as needed that align with the no-touch or low-touch models
- 5-10 years experience
- Self-driven and highly accountable for delivering extraordinary outcomes
- Enjoys leading and supporting others through ambiguity and change
- Highly self-aware and emotionally intelligent
- Strong communicator with a passion for people
- High organizational intelligence about how enterprise clients typically operate
- Extremely sharp problem-solving skills
- Thrives in metrics and data-driven environments
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environments and distill complex and ambiguous scenarios into their important and actionable elements.
- Experience working with a small team, agile and/or startup experience preferred
- Experience in people-centered product marketing with a focus on digital marketing, content marketing, and growth hacking.
BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
Email resume to Dan Green <email@example.com> — please cite job code: DM-hgm