Location: San Fracisco, CA
Job code: KH-hem
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client, a B2C Internet start-up, is a provider of software and services that automatically edit and improve written communications.
We are looking for a creative and data-driven Email Marketing Manager who wants to make a major impact at a rapidly growing company. You will own and manage the entire email marketing function, which encompasses transactional, promotional, and informational campaigns. Your role will entail idea conception, planning, execution, project management, analysis as well as performance assessment, reporting, and rapid iteration based on test data. The Head of Email Marketing will work closely with the rest of the marketing team, plus engineers, designers and executives to create highly effective campaigns.
- Own and manage the email marketing channel from idea generation to execution to post-campaign analysis; combine strategic, long-term planning along with daily execution;
- Leverage email marketing tools to develop transactional, promotional, and informational content strategies that drive users to our site, utilizing email best practices and ensuring CAN-SPAM compliance;
- Segment mailing lists into targetable audiences to ensure messaging relevance for all recipients;
- Create innovative product messaging and ways to position product benefits to different segments;
- utilize creative messaging, promotions & incentives, re-marketing, and other methods to maximize user engagement and conversion to premium subscription plans;
- Conceive, execute and assess performance of A/B and multivariate tests (w.r.t. subject lines, body content, images, CTAs, offers, etc.) and constantly iterate emails based on findings to maximize campaign performance;
- Work with creative department to create, design, and implement effective email templates and landing pages;
- Collaborate with copywriter (when needed) to produce compelling messaging;
- Utilize reporting capabilities within email marketing systems and Google Analytics to create relevant performance reports that track progress, establish goals, etc.;
- Analyze key performance metrics such as open rates, unsubscribes, spam reports, CTRs, conversion rates, engagement and user retention;
- Communicate and coordinate with other online marketing functions to share campaign successes and ensure a consistent marketing voice.
- 3-5+ years experience in B2C online marketing.
- Clear understanding of business concepts and complete knowledge of performance marketing metrics, as well as strong expertise in A/B testing and ROI analysis;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication (especially important given our widely distributed team), including strong grammar and writing skills;
- Creativity and ability to generate clear and compelling messaging and value propositions tailored for each user segment;
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple, parallel projects and manage cross-functional teams, deliver exceptional results, and overcome challenges;
- Passion about email marketing, online marketing in general, and contributing to a truly exceptional product;
- Proactive leadership skills and an ability to take initiative and demonstrate a high level of accountability;
- Experience working with Email Marketing Systems
- Fluency with Google Analytics;
- Basic knowledge of HTML (preferable);
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (preferable)
Email resume to email@example.com — please cite job code: KH-hem