Location: Santa Clara, CA
Job code: SNJ-pri
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a leading provider of information technology consulting and business process enhancement services.
The Global Head of PR and Corporate Communications will play a critical role in creating, architecting, and implementing public relations and analyst engagement programs. The role will be key in generating awareness and understanding among our key internal and external audiences, including traditional press, new media, analysts and industry influencers.
- Create and own communications plans that meet the company objectives.
- Build interesting stories and media pitches that resonate with external stakeholders.
- Manage global public relations agency team members and ensure that key metrics and goals are achieved.
- Curate relationships with influencers in technology and vertical outlets and explore new ways to earn media coverage for campaigns, product launches, partnerships and events.
- Collaborate with business unit executives to jointly develop external communications materials (press releases, bylines, media resources), including marketing, business development, analyst relations, internal communications and executives.
- Keep a pulse on the industries as a whole to bring insights and new ideas for influencer engagement campaigns.
- Lead industry research to uncover trends, patterns and insights to drive communications programs.
- 5-8+ years experience in media/influencer relations, public relations or other communication fields.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, including managing executives.
- Willing to travel.
- Proficiency in using third-party software to monitor media conversations and analytics.
- Past experience building media and analyst / influencer relationships, preferably in tech.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business’ various types of content.
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- You are a great storyteller, a trusted communications advisor and a news junkie who wants to always participate in that next story.
BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
Email resume to Dan Green firstname.lastname@example.org — please cite job code: SNJ-pri