Location: Palo Alto, CA
Job code: CS-dsoc
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a leading provider of consumer and enterprise software.
This position is responsible for driving high profile social media strategies to raise visibility and buzz for the company’s major business initiatives. This Director will play a critical role in further shaping the company’s approach to social media in the short and long term, while educating and counseling colleagues, business units and business leaders on social media opportunities, best practices, and key learnings. Ideal candidate has broad experience in the digital and social world, having bridged online/offline channels while telling compelling brand stories.
- Develop strategies and implement high impact social media campaigns through the company’s official social media channels, relevant tools and platforms.
- Drive social media content/publishing strategy and execution to maximize engagement levels within social platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Drive and extend social efforts beyond marketing and across the end-to-end customer experience, including product usage and customer care.
- Partner closely with Corporate Communications/PR on social media strategy, execution and content/asset creation.
- Develop and nurture relationships with relevant social media outlets and influencers with the goal of securing coverage that highlights business unit’s social media communications efforts.
- Work collaboratively across all channels to build integrated customer-back campaigns that drive growth
- Drive best practice sharing and education of colleagues across the company about social media as well as externally, including identifying speaking and awards opportunities.
- Educate and inspire internal stakeholders as the subject matter expert in social marketing strategies and techniques.
- Work in close alignment with brand marketing teams, Legal, Business Units and Corporate Affairs colleagues to ensure all social media communications are in compliance.
- Analyze social media metrics to help inform future programming and share relevant results with key stakeholders.
- 10-15+ years relevant marketing experience in the digital realm
- 5+ years direct experience running social media marketing
- Experience managing a wide variety of digital media & social marketing campaigns, with proven experience growing a community.
- Experience marketing B2C technology products a strong plus.
- Strong leadership and team building skills/experience a must. This is a senior level position managing a group of social media marketing professionals. Proven leadership skills in matrixed organizations. Excellent written, oral and media relations skills.
- Creative leader with demonstrated aptitude in developing impactful digital programs. Ability to come up with the big idea, bring a team together, secure funding and bringing the idea to life.
- Exceptional cross-functional skills & ability to work with various functions within the company
- Highly analytical mind, comfortable manipulating and analyzing large amounts of data.
BA/BS. MBA preferred.
Email resume to Dan Green: email@example.com — please cite job code: CL-dsoc