Location: San Fracisco, CA
Job code: RS-dpm
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client, a mid-staged, B2B Internet start-up, is a provider of HR and human capital management software and services.
The Director of Product Marketing owns the overall vision for product go-to-market strategy, identifying and monitoring key performance indicators, understanding the dynamics of both direct and indirect channel sales models, and influencing many teams towards common goals. The role requires an individual with strong leadership, partnering and analytical skills who can: lead a team and create a shared vision for product directions; foster a vibrant ecosystem; help position and market products based on disruptive and emerging technologies; and develop new ideas based on experience and contact with partners and prospects.
- Own the creation and execution of go-to-market plans for key routes to market
- Identify customer and partner needs, strategies, value propositions, and barriers to purchase through market research, segmentation analysis and deep customer/partner relationships
- Develop positioning and messaging that resonates with the target market, relating product capabilities in terms that customers understand, care about, and are willing to pay for
- Create the core marketing content and sales tools needed to support various sales channels (direct and indirect) to reach customers with a consistent and relevant message; including messaging and positioning documents, web site messaging, video demos, case studies, presentations, white papers, sales kits, field newsletters, Intranet sites, etc.
- Speak at conferences and webcasts on Social Recruiting & Employment Branding best practices
- Create product videos to share our differentiation with prospects and customers
- Perform competitive analyses to highlight company’s business and technology advantages
- Track competitive activities and market developments to ensure the field is equipped with clear messages that differentiate our product lines
- Work with all internal organizations on delivering successful products to market
- Serve as product spokesperson with customers, partners, press, analysts, and at events
- 8-12+ years of product marketing experience.
- Experience with up-selling customers from free trial or open source products to paid solutions
- Excellent public speaking skills a must.
- Experience in working at a startup or fast-paced software company
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication/presentation skills with strong ability to influence people at all levels and in various functions
- Experienced with interacting with customers and partners
- Well versed in technology trends
- Strong teaming skills and experience to bring together diverse views
- Ability to deliver exceptional quality in a timely manner
BA/BS; MBA preferred
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org — please cite job code: RS-dpm