Location: San Jose, CA
Job code: CA-dmsj
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is an emerging leader in the red hot big data analytics space.
This individual will work directly with the Vice President of Marketing to create our outbound marketing strategy and marketing plans, and then take ownership for their execution and results. This is a great opportunity for an individual who not only enjoys developing the big picture, but also hands on implementation and execution of their strategy. Lead a marketing/ marcom staff of two initially and scale from there.
- Lead all aspects of marketing programs including marketing communications tradeshows, customer and prospect events, etc.) website, Field Marketing, social media, online marketing, demand generation, and marketing automation system (Marketo w/ Salesforce.com).
- Own and deliver the pipeline number (dollars and opportunities) required to support sales targets.
- Prioritize and set consistent strategic direction and strategies for customer acquisition, retention, and external communications.
- Develop and implement annual, quarterly, and monthly marketing plans that are aligned with the company’s strategic objectives and sales targets.
- Develop and implement both traditional (ie: email, webseminar, advertising) and new (ie: blogging, podcasts, viral, SEM, SEO) marketing tactics to support marketing programs and drive pipeline growth
- Plan and manage strategic presence at key industry events; manage event and trade show participation to drive pipeline growth
- Manage promotional elements of website to continually improve conversion and drive pipeline growth
- Build and ensure the ongoing integrity, relevance, and segmentation of our marketing database
- Evaluate ROI of marketing tactics, campaigns and channels, manage expenses to a budget.
- Work closely with product marketing and inside sales to ensure consistent messaging and coordination of efforts.
- Drive customer advocacy process, including customer testimonials and videos
- Actively monitor, measure and report on the effectiveness of marketing campaigns with metrics (i.e. traffic to the website, conversions, inbound leads and sales)
- 8-12+ years of corporate marketing experience with a focus on enterprise software marketing
- 2+ years small company / start-up experience
- Demonstrated capacity for developing and executing on multi-tactic/connected customer acquisition and lead nurturing programs that drive results.
- An established track record of managing corporate marketing and communications across demand generation, online marketing, sales enablement, PR, analyst relations, and social media
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Marketo (or another marketing automation tool)
- Strong messaging, communication, and creative skills, including excellent writing skills
- Strong analytical skills with a proven track record of success setting and achieving ambitious goals
- Strong execution skills with the proven ability to work under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Strong people and project management skills
BA/BS. MBA preferred.
Email resume to email@example.com — please cite job code: CA-dmsj