Location: South San Franciso
Job code: HM-dcpc
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a leading provider of cloud-based business process and business commerce solutions.
- Plan and execute comprehensive press strategy to drive awareness and coverage among key press sources
- Drive strategy and execution for key launches and announcements
- Write compelling, accurate press releases
- Proactively cultivate relationships that can be leveraged with key media and industry analysts
- Manage incoming press inquiries
- Develop and grow an engaged group of journalists, bloggers and influencers
- Develop and supply key messaging and information for the media interactions
- Work with executive management to develop key messages for specific types of press outlets
- Cultivate and maintain a group of customers to be interviewed by press
- Drive internal communications to project the company’s voice, vision, and values to the icix team
- Work with and manage outside agencies and contractors
- Design and execute social media/community strategy and plan
- Establish/foster relationships with national and local media to frame cohesive brand messages
- Manage corporate reputation and risk in the media through appropriate media relations, policies, protocols and communications guidelines
- Serve as spokesperson for company, drafting statements and responding to media inquiries for general business and targeted trade publications including press releases, feature articles, technical presentations, etc.
- Partner with Product Marketing to ensure aligned and consistent messaging that enhance brand reputation across all products and services
- 8-10+ years public relations/corporate communications experience with an enterprise software company. SaaS experience preferred.
- Experience interacting with press, conducting outreach, and managing announcements and launches
- Startup PR experience preferred.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple and compelling way.
- Professional presence, self-confidence and ability to establish a constructive and informative relationship with employees, all levels of management and vendors
- Self-motivated, detail oriented and deadline driven; able to manage multiple work streams; strong project management capabilities.
- Excellent presenter and communicator
BA/BS. MBA preferred.