Location: San Jose, CA
Our client company: Urban Catalyst — www.urbancatalyst.com
Director of Communications & Product Marketing
About the role
Urban Catalyst is looking for a Director of Communications & Product Marketing. A successful candidate will be a highly self-motivated and driven individual who is goal-oriented, methodical, and tenacious, and can effectively interact with a team.
The Director of Communications & Product Marketing must have excellent writing skills, as they will be responsible for generating content and communications from the President, the Executive Team, and the Investor Relations Team directly to our investors and the media.
We need a candidate who is confident communicating with local tech entrepreneurs and other high-net-worth individuals. Our office is located in the heart of Downtown San Jose, where face-to-face meetings with high-profile clients happen on a regular basis.
Recent articles; why this is such an exciting opportunity for both finance and tech marketers:
- Urban Catalyst named to Forbes Top 20 OZ list on 12/12/19 https://blog.urbancatalyst.com/urban-catalyst-among-forbes-top-20-opportunity-zone-catalysts
- Bloomberg.com front-page article on Urban Catalyst from 12/19/19. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-12-19/trump-tax-break-fuels-san-jose-building-boom-as-google-moves-in
- Lead our content strategy, including case studies, blog posts, product announcements, events, conferences, industry guides, and more
- Manage a content strategy and editorial calendar that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term
- Create and strategically recycle/repurpose highly targeted, multi-channel collateral for each stage of the sales and customer lifecycle, including: whitepapers, case studies, videos, blog articles, webinars, infographics, email campaigns, landing pages, social media, etc
- Work collaboratively with other Investor Relations team-members by sharing relevant tasks and responsibilities
- Assist Executive Team and Investment Relations Team in the preparation of all marketing materials
- Work closely with legal, accounting, and compliance service providers to distribute ongoing investor communications
- Manage relationships with new and existing partners and vendors through consistent, effective partnership
- Enhance corporate visibility of the Fund by supporting the marketing team at roadshows, conferences, investor meetings, analyst days and other corporate events
- Assess and prioritize go-to-market opportunities, including positioning and messaging
- Work cross-functionally with product management, field sales, and other functions to identify and prioritize opportunities and drive overall product marketing execution
- Partner with Director of Demand-Generation to develop and execute integrated marketing plans to drive sales, create product and industry messaging for outbound communications and campaigns, and develop sales tools
- Manage, curate and contribute to the company blog. Ensure that all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice, and optimized for search and social promotion
- Develop compelling and targeted key messages and value propositions
- Work with corporate marketing and PR agency to develop messaging and materials for press and analysts
- While this is an individual contributor role to start, this person will ultimately hire and lead team
- Oversee all marketing materials, creative assets, and website.
- Conduct market research and stay updated on competitor positioning.
- Work directly with sales, demand generation, design, and content to develop a cohesive and well-executed event strategy
- 5+ years experience in Product-Marketing, Communications, PR, and/or other relevant marketing roles and responsibilities
- Ideally, candidates will have experience in at least one of the following industries:
- Prior marketing experience in the real-estate industry, or
- Prior marketing experience in the banking/finance industry, or
- Prior marketing experience in the fintech industry
- A superior level of writing skills is mandatory
- Experience in market analysis and specification of customer requirements, go-to-market planning, market positioning and messaging
- Ability to analyze and think strategically around audience segmentation, targeting, and brand positioning
- Advanced knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite are mandatory, and experience using Adobe Acrobat, Illustrator, and InDesign is a plus.
- Comfort and ability to communicate and report directly to the Senior Executive Team
- Must have a strong ability and desire to embrace uncertainty in a fast-paced, rapidly-growing Silicon Valley startup environment!
Comp & Benefits:
- Base Salary + Annual Bonus
- Health Benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid parking
- Commuter Benefits
Contact: Dan Green <firstname.lastname@example.org>