San Mateo, CA
Ref Code: MP-ddgn
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company, is an extremely fast-growing provider of SaaS sloutions. Still pre-IPO, this company has about 200 employees.
The Director of Demand Generation has primary responsibility for marketing programs, including allocating budget, designing offers and calls to action, and setting program goals and measurement criteria. Leading a team of Marketing Program Managers, this person will create, deploy and manage marketing campaigns to meet business objectives.
- Seminars, and online marketing programs to develop opportunity pipeline
- Develop and implement high impact, multi-channel marketing strategy to generate demand, qualified leads and sales pipeline in the US and Canada
- Measure and report on effectiveness of marketing programs and campaigns, with the purpose of improving resource allocation, efficiency and revenue generation
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors that contribute to lead generation programs
- Align marketing programs and activities with overall marketing strategy
- Functions as both a leader and doer, providing position leadership and insights, supporting corporate strategic objectives, as well as being a ‘hands-on’ member of the team
- 10+ years experience in marketing business-to-business software solutions; SaaS marketing experience strongly preferred, including at least 4 years experience managing a team
- Master at executing innovative and results-focused events, programs and campaigns
- Ability to “get stuff done;” execute quickly and with high-quality precision in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Demonstrated analytical ability specifically related to program measurement and ROI.
- Expertise in marketing to SMB and large, global enterprises, across verticals
- Strong leadership and creative thinking capabilities
- Experience in working with lead management software (Salesforce.com, Marketo, Eloqua, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to influence others without formal authority and lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- 5+ years of proven experience in demand generation roles with proven results
- Knowledge of and demonstrated thought leadership related to current and next generation demand generation best practices.
- Ability to flourish in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth environment
BA/BS. MBA preferred.