Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client company: SaaStr— www.saastr.com
Director of Growth Marketing
SaaStr is the world’s largest community of SaaS executives, entrepreneurs, and founders sharing best practices and learning how to grow their businesses faster, with less stress and more success. Our community engages with us through our incredibly popular blog, podcast and content resources, events (including our Annual event which has over 12,000 attendees in San Francisco and 2,500 in Europe), our investment fund, and our SaaStr Pro paid content service. We are tackling a large number of large projects over the next year–in the US and abroad. We have a ton of irons in the fire and love folks who are creative and excited to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
About the role:
SaaStr is looking for a motivated and team-oriented Director of Growth Marketing to join our team.
Job #1 is to own and drive ticket sales to our global events including SaaStr Annual (15,000 in SF Bay Area), SaaStr Europa (3,000+ in Paris 2020), and SaaStr | Scale (1,000 in SF) and later, SaaStr East (1,000 in Singapore). This includes building out the assets and infrastructure associated with it, along with owning our email marketing, growing our list faster, improving offers, increasing conversations, etc.
Your #1 KPI: event revenue. Right now, we have a tiny but mighty marketing team of 4 and driving up our revenue and coordinating cross-team campaigns will be your job! This role would report directly to our VP+ of Marketing and also work very closely with our founder and CEO.
We are still very early in the optimization and growth process (mainly selling from a small 50,000 name list) and there is still plenty of low and middle-hanging fruit to add, enhance and improve upon.
This person will be an integral part of our marketing/revenue team and essential in growing all aspects of our business, including our thriving community. The right candidate will have experience in marketing, e-commerce sales, project management, and communication.
As the fastest growing technology conference in the world, SaaStr will continue to grow its global events and with that will be a huge growth opportunity for this role.
- Own the ticket revenue number, campaign conversion rate optimization, and ticket pricing optimization for all SaaStr events
- Be a/the leader in driving SaaStr to continued ticket and attendee growth
- Increase retention of year-over-year returning attendees and drive up recurring revenue
Additional Parts of Role:
- Turn our community of 600,000+ (across social media, website, email database, etc) into superfan event attendees
- Own expanding SaaStr community footprint to our global community events
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and ticket promotions that align with internal events, goals, and budgets to yield results
- Oversee and evaluate campaign performance market-by-market, making adjustments to meet marketing strategy in changing market or competitive conditions
- Work closely with all internal team members to ensure consistent brand messaging, alignment and cross-promotion optimization
- Deploy event marketing drip campaigns across to our existing community base, new prospective attendees, and returning super-fan attendees
- Develop additional marketing opportunities to increase ticket sales as needed. Keep up with current marketing and social media trends to brainstorm new ideas and concepts for assets and promotions to market events
- Develop strategies to increase attendee engagement and execute campaigns to increase avg. revenue per company
- Educate and drive adoption of SaaStr’s full attendee offerings; coordinating with our internal and external events team when necessary
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly campaigns to internal and external stakeholders
- Forecast & track revenue and key marketing metrics in internal SaaStr meetings
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Ideally, a mix of B2C and B2B experience. The job is more B2C like but our community is B2B.
- Expert on marketing channels including email, social media, content, etc.
- Passion for developing creative ways to increase revenue
- Strong understanding of transactional selling via email and other online channels
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with Marketo a plus
- Ability to analyze and think strategically around audience segmentation, targeting, and brand positioning
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Experience working with medium-to-high volume, transactional email sales strategies
- Ideally, some experience marketing for events, B2C or similar environments
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level executive
This role would report directly to our VP+ of Marketing and also work very closely with our founder and CEO.
Owning $10m+ of ticket sales is Job #1 and plenty! But there is also an opportunity to help own or support account-based marketing to new and existing sponsors, and to own or help grow SaaStrPro.com, our paid content offering.
SaaStr has a huge global impact but is a very small team (<20) so this a chance to be a true owner.
Contact: Dan Green <firstname.lastname@example.org>