Location: San Francisco, CA
Our client company: SaaStr— www.saastr.com
Director of Growth Marketing
SaaStr is the world’s largest community of SaaS executives, entrepreneurs, and founders sharing best practices and learning how to grow their businesses faster, with less stress and more success. Our community engages with us through our incredibly popular blog, podcast and content resources, events (including our Annual event which has over 12,000 attendees in San Francisco and 2,500 in Europe), our investment fund, and our SaaStr Pro paid content service. We are tackling a large number of large projects over the next year–in the US and abroad. We have a ton of irons in the fire and love folks who are creative and excited to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
SaaStr is looking for a motivated and team-oriented Director of Growth Marketing to join our team as a key leader. Job #1 is being the owner of all ticket sales to our global events, and building out the assets and infrastructure associated with it. This includes improving our email marketing, growing our list faster, improving offers, increasing conversations, etc.
This person will be an integral part of our marketing/revenue team and essential in growing all aspects of our business, including our thriving community. The right candidate will have experience in marketing, e-commerce sales, project management, and communication. SaaStr offers an incredible opportunity for a marketer to learn and grow–while being part of a great brand in Silicon Valley.
- Job #1: own and drive ticket sales to our global events including SaaStr Annual (15,000 in SF Bay Area), SaaStr Europa (3,000+ in Paris, 2019, London 2020), and SaaStr | Scale (1,000 in SF) and later, SaaStr East (1,000 in Singapore)
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns and ticket promotions that align with internal events goals and budgets to yield results
- Oversee and evaluate campaign performance market-by-market, making adjustments to meet marketing strategy in changing market or competitive conditions
- Work closely with all internal team members to ensure consistent brand messaging, alignment and cross-promotion optimization
- Develop additional marketing opportunities to increase ticket sales as needed. Keep up with current marketing and social media trends to brainstorm new ideas and concepts for assets and promotions to market events
- Ideally, a mix of B2C and B2B experience. The job is more B2C like but our community is B2B.
- Expert on marketing channels including email, social media, content, etc.
- Passion for developing creative ways to increase revenue
- Strong understanding of transactional selling via email and other online channels
- High attention to detail
- Experience working with Marketo a plus
- Ability to analyze and think strategically around audience segmentation, targeting, and brand positioning
- BS/BA or equivalent
- xperience working with medium-to-high volume, transactional email sales strategies
- Ideally, some experience marketing for events, B2C or similar environments
This role would report directly to our VP+ of Marketing and also work very closely with our founder and CEO.
Owning $10m+ of ticket sales is Job #1 and plenty! But there is also an opportunity to help own or support account-based marketing to new and existing sponsors, and to own or help grow SaaStrPro.com, our paid content offering.
SaaStr has a huge global impact but is a very small team (<20) so this a chance to be a true owner.
Contact: Dan Green <email@example.com>