Location: Mountain View, CA
Job code: UPS-vpm
about the client
This VPofMarketing.com client company is a leading provider of cloud-based product discovery solutions for eCommerce.
- Build and scale marketing department: set marketing strategy, take the lead on execution, and over time, build out each marketing function.
- Work closely with Product, Sales and founding team to determine and measure key company metrics like Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC), lead-to-opportunity conversion rates, win rates and Lifetime Customer Value.
- Develop a deep understanding of our industry, competitive landscape, buyers’ needs and challenges, and where our solutions fit into buyers’ overall eCommerce strategy.
- Create positioning and messaging that’s compelling to potential buyers and clearly articulates value and differentiation.
- Own marketing funnel and revenue targets to design targeted programs to raise awareness, generate new leads and move buyers through each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Hire and develop a world-class marketing team
- Prior experience managing the customer lifecycle for an enterprise B2B SaaS company: You take a holistic view of the sales and marketing funnel and have developed, implemented and measured campaigns that move buyers through different stages, while never losing sight of your ultimate goal: generating revenue for the company.
- Prior experience driving lead generation and brand awareness for enterprise SaaS products for Series B and Series C stage startups.
- Prior experience collaborating with Sales and Product teams and leading cross-functional projects related to sales and marketing workflow, buyer understand and funnel optimization.
- Data-driven mindset. You’re all about hypothesizing, testing, measuring and iterating and are comfortable using web analytics, marketing automation and CRM technology. You also understand the limitations of data and know how to avoid analysis paralysis.
- Ability to drive lead generation using ABM and using associated technologies
- Prior experience managing SDRs is a big plus point
- Prior experience driving awareness using content, PR as well as managing AR relationships
- The ability to work independently and remotely. We already have a functioning remote team in place and will give you plenty of tools and support to make it work.
- Humility and a willingness to learn. You aren’t afraid to try things, make mistakes and embrace failure as part of the process. You also know your own strengths and limitations, as well as how to build a team that complements them.
- Prior experience leading teams.
BA/BS required. MBA preferred.
Email resume to Dan Green <firstname.lastname@example.org> — please cite job code: UPS-vpm